Venezuelan Guasacaca (Avocado Sauce)
Sauces, Dressing & Seasonings
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, pitted and roughly diced
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and roughly chopped
1 tsp. The Spice Hunter Granulated California Garlic
- ½ cup packed cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup packed parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Coriander Lime Global Fusion Rub
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the avocados, onion, green bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, parsley, vinegar, lime juice and Coriander Lime Global Fusion Rub in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until everything is finely chopped, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Continuously run the motor and drizzle in the olive oil. Allow to run until the sauce is completely smooth.
Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over fish, chicken or beef; or use as a dipping sauce for chips or fresh cut vegetables.