Japanese 7 Spice Citrus and Avocado Salad
Soups & Salads
- 4 blood oranges (or regular oranges), peeled and sliced
- 2 large grapefruits, peeled and sliced
- 2 tangerines, peeled and sliced
- 2 large avocados, cubed or sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. soy sauce or tamari (for gluten-free option)
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Japanese 7 Spice Global Blend, plus more to taste
½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. salt
- 6 cups chopped spinach, kale or other leafy greens
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the orange, grapefruit, tangerine, avocado and red onion. Toss until thoroughly mixed.
In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, orange juice, maple syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Japanese 7 Spice, pepper and salt until combined.
Pour the dressing over the citrus mixture and toss again until well coated.
Divide the spinach evenly between 6 serving plates and then top each with some of the citrus mixture.
Serve immediately, sprinkling additional Japanese 7 Spice as desired.