Butternut Squash Soup
Soups & Salads
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 16 oz chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 spoonful of Greek yogurt
- 1/2 of one medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp The Spice Hunter Garam Masala
- EVOO finishing oil
- Salt to taste
- Peel the butternut squash and cut in half. Remove the seeds and cut the squash into medium squares.
- In a pot, sauté the chopped yellow onion, garlic, and garam masala until soft but not to the point of caramelization or browning. Add the squash and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and turn the pot down to medium. Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the squash is soft. Add the coconut milk and cook for another 10 minutes for the flavors to come together.
- Fill the blender up halfway with the mixture and make sure the lid is secure, it will be hot.
- Blend the mixture on high to a smooth consistency and return it to the pot. Repeat with any leftover mixture. Return the blended soup to the pot. Season with salt to desired taste. Garnish with Greek yogurt, cilantro, and EVOO finishing oil to serve.
Recipe via Brian Malarkey & 7x7
Photo credit:Madison Daube