Spiced Peanut Brittle
Desserts & Baking
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
½ teaspoon The Spice Hunter New Mexico Chile Pepper
½ teaspoon The Spice Hunter Cinnamon
1 teaspoon The Spice Hunter Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine peanuts, cayenne, and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir in peanut mixture. Return bowl to microwave and cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Make sure to watch it. Stir in butter and vanilla extract. Microwave on high for 1 minute more.
- Carefully stir in baking soda. Immediately pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Working quickly, spread it out into a thin layer with a spatula. Let cool at room temperature until completely hardened, 30 to 40 minutes, then break into pieces and serve. Can keep for up to 2 weeks in an air tight container