- - ½ lb red beets, cooked and peeled
- - ½ cup water
- - ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- - ¼ cup sugar or zero-calorie sweetener
- ½ tbsp The Spice Hunter Gourmet Malabar Black Peppercorns
- ½ tbsp The Spice Hunter Gourmet Whole Penang Cloves
- ½ tbsp The Spice Hunter Gourmet Whole Jamaican Allspice
- 1 The Spice Hunter Indonesian Cinnamon Stick
In a small saucepan, bring water, apple cider vinegar, sugar, peppercorns, cloves, allspice, and cinnamon stick to a boil. Allow mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
While the pickling mixture is boiling, roughly chop beets into bite-size pieces. Place into a 16 oz airtight jar.
Carefully pour the hot mixture over the beets. Allow the to cool before sealing the jar and refrigerating overnight or for a minimum of 12 hours.
Drain beets and remove the spices before serving. Enjoy with fresh microgreens and toasted walnuts!
To store, place drained beets back in the jar with the pickling juice (spices removed) and store in fridge for up to 7 days.
Recipe courtesy of Athletic Recipes