Larb Gai (Thai Style Cold Chicken Salad)
Soups & Salads
- Two, 8 oz chicken breasts, grilled or poaches, minced into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp scallions, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp basil, chopped rough
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, stemmed, chopped rough
3 Tbsp The Spice Hunter Coriander Lime Global Fusion Rub
- *** 2 Tbsp toasted, ground rice
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 Tbsp cold water
In a clean stainless steel bowl, combine all ingredients. Fold gently until well-combined. Allow salad to sit refrigerated for no less than ½ hour. Serve salad cold.
Serve chicken mixture plain, over a bed of romaine lettuce, or in green lettuce leaves as a wrap.
*** Chef’s Note on toasted, ground rice: In small, dry saute pan, add 2 Tbsp. raw long grain rice over medium heat. Toss well until golden brown and popping, (roughly 5 minutes), then remove and cool. Grind coarsely in clean spice or coffee grinder.