Green Hatch Chile Peanut Salsa
Sauces, Dressing & Seasonings
- 1 lb. tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp. The Spice Hunter Green Hatch Chile Global Fusion Rub
- ¼ cup dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Place the tomatillos on a baking sheet and place in the broiler until soft and blackened in spots (about 5 minutes per side). Remove and set aside to cool.
Heat the oven to 425°F and then spread the onion and garlic onto another baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring every 3-5 minutes until the onions are golden and the garlic is soft. Remove and set aside to cool.
In a food processor, combine the tomatillos, onion, garlic, Green Hatch Chile, peanuts and Worcestershire sauce. Blend until smooth, adding water as needed to give you a good consistency.
Taste and season with salt, as needed. Blend again. Serve with tortilla chips, your favorite grilled vegetables, or over chicken, pork, or fish.