Cold Thai Noodles with Edamame Pesto and Roasted Mushrooms
- 1½ cup edamame, shelled, frozen, blanched
3 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 tsp. garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. The Spice Hunter Thai Seasoning
- 4 carrots, ¼ inch, cut on bias
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup green onion, sliced thinly on bias
- ½ lb. Asian noodles, cooked and chilled*
For the pesto, combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend together until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a container, cover and set aside. For the toppings, heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, carrots, and mushrooms and roast until vegetables are well-caramelized. Remove from heat and transfer vegetables to a sheet pan; allow to cool. Toss noodles, pesto, and vegetables together in a medium stainless steel bowl until evenly coated. Top with green onions to serve.
*Chef’s note: several types of noodles would work in this dish. A few suggestions would be ramen, udon, or soba noodles.